BoxCast BoxCaster – HD Live Video Streaming Encoder
The BoxCaster is an easy-to-use, powerful encoder that can stream up to 1080p. With a camera, the BoxCaster, the BoxCast Platform, an internet connection, and power, you can stream your events live to anyone, anywhere, watching on any device. It’s the easiest way to stream professional quality video.
The beauty of BoxCast is that it’s completely automated. Without the push of a button, the BoxCaster automatically turns on to capture your scheduled broadcasts. With no buffering or annoying ads, your viewers won’t be distracted from your content. BoxCast automatically archives all of your events so you don’t have to do any additional work. Plus, you can simultaneously stream your event to any destination, including Facebook Live, YouTube Live, and Twitch.
Note: The BoxCaster must be purchased with a BoxCast Streaming Plan
Stream with the BoxCast Platform
The BoxCaster works seamlessly & exclusively with BoxCast’s reliable, scalable streaming platform. BoxCast is the only streaming company that has built its entire infrastructure from beginning to end, giving you unprecedented levels of compatibility. The BoxCast Platform offers acquisition, compression, cloud transcoding, archiving, video on demand, pay-per-view settings, and a scalable delivery infrastructure. BoxCast offers various plans to fit the needs of your organization: Live, Standard, Advanced, Advanced Plus.
Broadcast to Multiple Destinations
Simultaneously broadcast to your website, Facebook Live, YouTube and other RTMP destinations. The BoxCaster streams with minimal required bandwidth to the BoxCast Platform, which then streams to all desired destinations.
Stream in High Definition
The BoxCaster will accept video in up to 1080p/60fps via HDMI and stream up to 1080p/27fps.
Automate Your Live Stream
The BoxCaster starts automatically at the time you schedule it to, ensuring you never have to push a button to go live.
Bring in External Audio
Bring an audio feed from your sound board or other sources into your broadcast with the RCA Stereo Line In audio inputs.
Wired or Wireless Internet
Connect the BoxCaster to the internet with either a wired or wireless connection.
Note: A wired internet connection is always recommended.
Control from Dashboard or Broadcaster App
Schedule, setup and manage all of your broadcasts from the web-based, responsive BoxCast Dashboard or BoxCast’s Broadcaster App for iOS.
The BoxCaster’s compact size allows it to travel with you wherever you are streaming.
Streaming Plan Activation
Upon purchase of a BoxCaster and a BoxCast Streaming Plan, an activation code will be emailed to you. Follow the instructions in the email to create your BoxCast account and start streaming.
- 1x HDMI HD Video Input (480i to 1080p60)
- 1x Composite SD Video Input (NTSC/PAL)
- Embedded Audio Input
- 2x RCA Stereo Line In Audio Input (48 kHz)
- H.264 high profile level 4.2
- BoxCast Flow: backhaul protocol providing adaptive recovery, content-aware forward error correction, encryption, link quality adjustment, and TCP/UDP diversity.
- AAC-LC audio compression
SUPPORTED INPUT RESOLUTIONS
- 480p 29.97/30/59.94/60
- 525p 60
- 576p 25/50
- 720p 25/29.97/30/50/59.94/60
- 1080i 50/59.94/60
- 1080p 25/29.97/30/50/59.94/60
- Up to 720p30 inputs encode at same resolution
- 720p60 input encodes 720p at 30fps
- 1080p60 input encodes 720p at 30fps
- 1080p30 input encodes 1080p at 27fps
- 1080i60 input encodes 1080p at 23fps
- BoxCast Platform, including native players for web, mobile, AppleTV, and Roku
- Facebook Live
- Other RTMP Destinations
- USB Input for BoxCast Wireless Scoreboard Adapters
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet Input
- Ethernet: 10/100BASE-T port
- WiFi: 802.11agn Wifi with Beam Forming MIMO
- IP address assignment via DHCP
- Automatic Firmware Updates
MINIMUM UPLOAD SPEED TO STREAM
- 480p30 — 1.5 mbps
- 720p30 — 3 mbps
- 1080p30 — 6 mbps
- 12V DC Power Supply Included
- 5W to 10W nominal power consumption with USB accessories
- 4.34”W x 3.06”D x 0.94”H (11.02cm x 7.77cm x 2.38cm)
- Weight: 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg)
- Rugged, plastic casing
- Slip-free, Dampening Rubber Feet
- Temperature: 0 to +70 C
- Humidity: 0% to 90% non condensing
- Simple, 3 Light, No Button Interface
- Schedule & Setup Broadcasts from Responsive, web-based Dashboard or Broadcaster App for iOS
- Automated Start/Stop Scheduling