Softron MovieStreamer HLS
HTTP Live Streaming: adaptive streaming with a simple web server
Stream for multiple devices at once
- Stream in HTTP Live Streaming
- Encode to multiple bit rates and formats simultaneously
- Customise your presets
- Record to multiple Destinations (Local, FTP, Amazon S3)
- Built-in integration with Amazon S3
- Create a QuickTime File simultaneously
MovieStreamer HLS is an audio/video streaming application designed for Mac users looking to stream professional grade audio and video to the Net. MovieStreamer HLS accepts video from input devices that support Apple’s AV Foundation and encodes the stream into HTTP Live Streaming at multiple bitrates to multiple destinations. MovieStreamer HLS is Live streaming made easy. Select your source (the video card you will use), the destinations (where you will record your stream to), the Output formats (the bitrate, resolutions that you want to use) and click on the record button. MovieStreamer HLS will create all that is required for the HLS format.
Recommended Presets can not be modified so you can always use them as a reference. These settings are those recommended by Apple for the HTTP Live Streaming best practice.
With a FREE account, you already get 5GB of free storage !
- Infrastructure. HTTP Live Streaming does not require any specific servers; a simple Apache HTTP server will suffice. Although bandwidth requirements are the same as for other formats, there is no need to buy a Flash or RTSP server.
- Openness. HTTP Live Streaming makes it possible to include multiple audio tracks in different languages and also multiple resolutions that the user can switch to transparently and automatically. Viewing can start at a lower resolution and then switch to a better resolution bandwidth permitting. The format is also documented and based on the MPEG-2 Transport Stream encapsulation which is still in use today in most set top boxes and cable receivers.
- Ease-of-Use. Every web developer can build a website integrating HTTP Live Streaming, building on existing web technologies without having to use external resources or SDKs.
- Cost Effective. No licenses or royalties are required other than what would be paid for the actual content.
- Platform support. Most platforms already support HTTP Live Streaming. Examples are Android, iOS (iPhone, iPad), MacOS X (Safari).
There are no reviews yet.